Friday, May 4, 2012

The Birth Story (Also Known As How I Confirmed the Friday the 13th Jinx)

My anniversary was April 8th. Hubby and I celebrated our first full year of marriage. Our little one was due on April 26th, so we figured that we may have just about a week or so before we could go on the official baby watch. So, on Friday, April 13th, we decided to go out and enjoy ourselves. Around 5 PM, Hubby, my mom, and I went to a Chinese buffet. I ate lots of crawfish, stir fried green beans, and a huge plate of fresh fruit. After we ate, we dropped my mom off at her home and went home to get ready for our night out.

I did my makeup, wrapped my hair with a cute headwrap, and got dressed to go out. Hubby wore a nice dress shirt, slacks and slicked his hair back (one of my favorite looks on him :) We went to a local martini lounge, where one of my favorite live bands was scheduled to perform. Unfortunately, the lounge's website is outdated, so there was another band performing this night. The band at the lounge on this particular night was mediocre, so we ended up watching pro basketball and sipping drinks (he had a gin and tonic, I enjoyed a club soda.) Around halftime, we decided to head back to the house and chill out. I went to the bathroom then came back to the bar while I waited to see a couple of basketball clips before we left. I felt like I needed to check myself again, so I went to the bathroom again, where my water promptly broke LOL!

I washed my hands, tied my jacket around my waist, and left the bathroom, then told my husband that my water broke. The video below picks up after we went back to the house to gather just a couple of things before heading to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment