Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Word of the Day: Adjust

Now that my attempts to keep the munchkin asleep all night are finally paying off, it's time for me to adjust to more normal sleeping patterns. I'm an insomniac anyway, so I have always kept late hours (even when I would go to work at 4 AM, I'd be up until 12 or 1 AM.) However, with the baby, I was staying up until 8 AM sometimes, only to sleep off and on during the day. Now it's time for me to start sleeping at night again. I don't know how I'll like it: I've gotten a great nighttime TV show routine mapped out LOL! Once I'm sleeping through the night again, I will have to learn what's good on TV during the daytime :)

Seriously though, I'm spending many waking hours trying to find a way to stay close to my baby once my maternity leave is over. I used to have a daily 4 hour round-trip commute to work. Now that I'm a mommy, I can't imagine wasting 4 hours a day in traffic (instead of spending time with her.) I also can't bear to think about the fact that if she gets sick while I'm working, it'll take me 2 hours to get back to her :( It's time to make some changes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment