Monday, May 14, 2012

Changes on the Horizon ...

Today was my first Mother's Day-and the day that my husband moved back to his home state. No worries: we're still together. However, he was offered a job back in Louisiana, and the job is far better than what he could find in the DC/MD/VA area, so he took it. He went back today and will start his job this week. The new job means that I will be able to become a stay-at-home mom, which was what I wanted. However, with the majority of my family located within the DMV area, if I went back with him now, I would be so lonely, not to mention overwhelmed: my mother is helping me (BIG TIME) right now. With that being said, I am staying here for a while longer. I'm not sure when we'll be back under the same roof, but I know I don't want to relocate for at least a year. It'll be tough, but we'll be okay.

I can't quite put my feelings into words: if I didn't have the baby, I would miss my husband sorely, but the little one fills me with so much joy that I find it hard to be happy and sad at the same time. So, I choose happiness: I'm enjoying the baby without dwelling on Hubby's relocation. When we first got married, we were apart for 1.5 months before he moved to my hometown. It seemed like eternity. This time, I think we're both mature enough and focused enough to put our emotions aside and put our energy into making a great life for our family. Building our future will take time, and yes, it means that we won't be in the same home for a while. But while we're apart, we still remember what's important: our love and our family. I stay happy by thinking of our love for each other and for our munchkin. So this Mother's Day, I focus on what matters: the loves of my life, my husband and our daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment